1.0 Hour MCLE Elimination of Bias Credit
Presented by the AABA Civil Rights and Women’s Committees and Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus.
This exciting panel will address:
- The recent Pao v. Kleiner Perkins trial
- Gender and Asian American bias in the workplace in Silicon Valley and the legal field
- How to preserve your rights if you have been discriminated against
- Professor Joan Williams (UC Hastings): Professor Williams is a Distinguished Professor of Law at UC Hastings and Director of the Center for WorkLife Law. She has authored eight books, including What Works for Women at Work: Four Patterns Working Women Need to Know.
- Michelle Lee (Rudy Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe LLP): Michelle Lee represents employees at Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP. She was a member of the Ellen Pao v. Kleiner Perkins trial team.
- Winifred Kao (Moderator) (Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus): Winfred Kao is the Litigation Director of Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus, where she represents low-wage Asian American and immigrant workers, focusing on discrimination, wage and hour, workplace safety, and wrongful termination issues.
Admission is FREE.
Space is limited! Please RSVP HERE.