To develop the career you want, you need to constantly take stock of your marketability to future employers and choose a path that will lead to the opportunities you want. Every situation is different, so knowing what approach to take (and when) will help get you where you want to go.
Join us for a casual and candid Friday lunchtime conversation with in-house attorneys and experts on the in-house legal market, and learn what techniques you can use to propel your career forward.
- What keeps you marketable as you build your in-house career?
- How do you determine what is market compensation for your level?
- What’s the best way to position yourself to change jobs or groups?
- How (and when) should you seek a promotion?
- How does company culture as well as your own cultural background affect what approach you should take?
- Halimah DeLaine Prado, Director, Legal, Google
- Vineet Shahani, Lead Product/Commercial Counsel, Nest Labs
- Alexandra Smith, Co-Founder, FLEX by Fenwick
- Susan Tien, Founder and GC, Susan Tien Search
- Kate Kerr, Head of Attorney Development, FLEX by Fenwick (Moderator)
Friday, May 16, 2014
11:30am – 12:00pm (Registration & Lunch)
12:00pm – 1:00pm (Program)
Presented by APABA-SV In-House Committee and FLEX by Fenwick
CLE: 1 Hour Elimination of Bias Credit