POSITION: Staff Attorney
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: The Asian Law Alliance (ALA) is a non-profit community law
office that has provided legal services, community education and advocacy services since 1977 to
the Asian and Pacific Islanders communities in Santa Clara County. Priority areas are
immigration, housing, domestic violence, public benefits and civil rights.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client counseling and Representation: Conduct intake; provide representation in landlord-
tenant cases and other areas as needed.
Community Education: Organize and conduct presentations on various legal topics. Drafting
and reviewing community education pamphlets.
Community Organizing/Advocacy: Advocacy work on community issues as required;
networking with other service providers, organizations and government agencies to enhance
services to the Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar
- Experience or interest in housing law.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the needs of the Asian and Pacific Islander communities and low-income communities
- Bilingual skills in Asian or Pacific Islander language highly desirable
- California driver’s license and own vehicle preferable
COMPENSATION: Salary $50,000 - $64,860 (depending on experience). Benefits include
medical; dental; and vision plans; sick leave; paid vacation, 403(b) plan, flexible spending
To apply: Send cover letter/resume to:
Richard Konda, Executive Director
Asian Law Alliance
991 West Hedding St., Suite 202
San Jose, CA 95126
Deadline to apply: Until filled
The Asian Law Alliance is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.