This “associate level” attorney position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA or Herndon, VA and report to the Deputy General Counsel and be responsible for supporting commercial transactions for the company. The position will require interactions with customers and partners as well as a broad spectrum of internal functions, including product groups, sales, services, marketing, worldwide channels, operations and finance. The person must have legal experience in commercial transactions, be organized and posse strong self-starting qualities. Experience with software licensing is a plus. The successful candidate will be able to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility. This position requires a team player who can work with minimal supervision in a fast-moving environment.
1. Provide analysis and advice on commercial matters for the company.
2. Draft, negotiate and review commercial contracts, including but not limited to, agreements relating to pricing and customer and partner relationships, licensing, distribution, consulting, confidentiality and other business and legal documents.
3. Consistently anticipate, guard against, provide timely evaluation and guidance of, and propose mitigation strategies for and advise management of potential risks in contractual, regulatory, revenue recognition, compliance, financial and legal areas.
4. Assist Deputy General Counsel in developing, implementing, improving and reviewing legal and compliance processes, procedures and training.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Current member in good standing of a state bar.
- Strong commercial experience in sales transactions, preferably with a large company.
- Experience negotiating and drafting commercial transactions such as master purchase agreements, distributor agreements, value added reseller agreements and services agreements particularly with large Fortune 500 companies.
- Experience with revenue recognition and other accounting issues that arise in commercial transactions with large software or telecom companies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with senior management, corporate departments and all levels of employees.
- Developed business acumen, with ability to understand the company's business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience only.
For more information on this position, please visit Juniper Network's career page.