Box is looking to hire an intelligent, talented and energetic, in-house attorney, to focus on SaaS-PaaS commercial transactions supporting customer negotiations. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a dynamic legal team and add value to a rapidly growing company. You can step in and help make an immediate impact on the organization and be part of its fun culture. This challenging role will encompass a range of legal matters, contract drafting, review and negotiation, privacy laws, federal and state regulations, intellectual property rights and a variety of other issues that may arise. Position may be located in Box HQ (Redwood City, CA), Box Austin (Austin, TX) or Box New York (New York, NY).
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements primarily enterprise SaaS-PaaS sales contracts involving nuanced global data protection and privacy issues, HIPAA, HITECH, FINRA, IP, and risk management.
- Work with business executives and other departments’ stake-holders on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Research legal issues, help draft templates policies, playbooks and guidelines.
- Experience with SaaS-PaaS model, and related legal and business issues
- Understanding and experience with US and EU privacy laws including HIPAA, HITECH, FINRA, EU Data Protection Directive etc.
- Must feel at ease interacting with a range of global customers from medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects with multiple stake-holders and groups
- Fast learning, self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Tactful with strong internal and external negotiation skills
- Detail oriented, well organized and technically-adept
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience, mixture of in-house and law firm experience preferred
- Accredited law degree and a current license
- Team player
- Sense of humor with an ability to fit into a hard working but relaxed and sociable team
To apply for this position, please click here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/boxinc/jobs/680074